In this blog, we will be discussing the function error of QuickBooks search not working. Any regular QuickBooks users need to use the search function of it to fetch results which will help to fasten their daily tasks. This error might stand in between that. Please read the entire blog for the error.
What you should know about QuickBooks Search Not Working
QuickBooks search feature is there to search for any transaction, client, company file, and any type of desired data. Here, usually, QuickBooks prompts with results. Occasionally, after updating QuickBooks software users might get an error where QuickBooks Search will not fetch any results, and you get a QuickBooks search not working error.
QuickBooks online search not working
QuickBooks online search not working can appear for various reasons which are given here, and the actions are also specified. The reason for the error is-
- Faulty updating of QuickBooks Desktop
- Third-party apps
- Damaged search index
What you can do-
- Modify the name of the QuickBooks search index file
- Temporary Deactivate Your windows Firewall
- Fix the Window corrupt Registry Files
- Reinstalling the QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks search function not working
There are numerous factors that will instigate an error like the QuickBooks search function not working. They are elaborated here:
- Registry error in Windows operating system
- Windows firewall or a third-party firewall is prohibiting QuickBooks
- Outdate QuickBooks Desktop version
- Damage QuickBooks Search Index file
QuickBooks Online Not Working with Chrome
If your QuickBooks is showing the aforementioned error and not being compatible with Chrome, you can execute these solutions:
- Check the Date and Time of your Computer
- Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
- Reconfigure your Antivirus and Firewall
- Reset Internet Security and Privacy Level
QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start
QuickBooks Desktop may not start for several reasons. Some troubleshooting methods are cited here:
- Repair your QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- Re-Install QuickBooks Desktop
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the Tools Hub
- Suppress the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
Common Problems with QuickBooks
QuickBooks as we know is a popular accounting software where multiple functions of business activities are amassed. It’s obvious that it has some peculiar errors which are very common. Like QuickBooks search is not working. Some of the common problems are explained here:
- Poorer internet connection
- Lost connection to data files
- Outdated, unreadable company data files
- Locked data files when moving to another location
- Lost administrator password
QuickBooks Not Opening after Windows 10 Update
QuickBooks is a software that demands some requirements out of Windows OS. Such as an updated Windows OS. At times, QuickBooks may not launch after the updating of Windows OS. What you can do in a crucial situation as such, is:
- Troubleshoot compatibility
- Prohibit QuickBooks to access the internet
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Downgrade to a previous version of Windows 10
Unable to Attach Documents in QuickBooks
There are some valid reasons why users may face unable to attach documents in QuickBooks error, issues with the company file name such as change/error in the name, if there’s a space or period before the “.qbw” file extension if there’s a special character somewhere in your file name.
Get to know why QuickBooks Has Stopped Working
QuickBooks has operating issues and for some reason, it will stop working. The reasons are:
- The company file name is too long
- A damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file
- Corrupted hard drive
- Program files or QuickBooks Desktop installation may be damaged
- A damaged Windows operating system
Search QuickBooks by ID to avoid duplicates
If you want to search for a customer by ID, you can use the action “Get customer details”. “Get” will fetch one unique result which makes sense since the Customer ID is a unique identifier for a record in QuickBooks. This is how you can search QuickBooks by ID to avoid duplicates.
- Edit your admin privileges
- Edit your email preferences in QuickBooks
- Check your Internet Explorer email preferences
- Repair your MAPI32.dll
- Install QuickBooks again
Cannot Get Full Records from QuickBooks Due To Slow Performance
There are many performances related issues in QuickBooks such as the users cannot get full records from QuickBooks due to slow performance. Not only for the above issue but for all kinds of performance-related issues, attempt these:
- Reduce the size of the company file
- Optimize QuickBooks operations
- Maintain lists
How Do I Restore an Inactive Customer in QuickBooks Online?
Know that your Inactive Clients won’t appear until you’ve clicked the tiny Gear icon (⚙) and checked the box to Include Inactive. If you have moved from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online, the inactive customers will show but they are NOT SEARCHABLE. These might stem from QuickBooks search not working errors.
To restore an Inactive Customer in QuickBooks Online:
- Select Sales or Invoicing from the left menu.
- Select Customers at the top.
- At the top of the customer, list clicks the small gear and select Include Inactive.
- Click the customer you want to restore; inactive customers will be noted as (deleted).
- Click the Make active button next to the customer’s name
Can’t log in to QuickBooks Online
This error can be often faced due to security issues. If by chance, this account faces this the user will have to update to a new Intuit account with enhanced security. You can do the following if you have encountered the same:
- Clear your Domain Name System (DNS)
- Use Incognito mode
- Use a different login link
- Check your browser settings
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies
- Add QuickBooks as a trusted site
- Restart your computer and internet modem
Registry error in Windows OS
Have you checked if there is any registry error in Windows OS? Do you know the possible outcome of this in QuickBooks? Registry error in Windows OS leads to the error message of QuickBooks search not working. To resolve the issue, what users can do is repair the damaged Windows registry. There are other reasons also for which the QuickBooks search not working appears.
Note: If you are looking at how to fix the QuickBooks installation error and how to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 1903 then you must follow this article to get easy troubleshooting options.
Update your QuickBooks
This is an error issue that will hinder your daily tasks if you do not take action immediately. One of the reasons why it appears is because QuickBooks is not updated to the latest release. Another action that you might attempt is uninstalling and reinstalling the QuickBooks application. The latter action has more probability of treating the issue. I followed the same methods as advised by the customer handle of it.
In this final paragraph, after scrolling through several demonstrations of what QuickBooks search not working, we have realized that it’s an error that can consume a lot of time to resolve. QuickBooks search is something that users necessarily need to find relevant data to manage daily tasks. Users can take help from this piece to have an understanding. We hope that you like this article!
The author in this piece explains what QuickBooks search not working means and how its variants and near similar errors or issues disturb the users. they are well-explained and enough to understand the subject. This is definitely an awesome article that will help you to get rid of the QuickBooks Search not working error.