JEE Mains is an engineering entrance examination and a computer-based online examination conducted by National Test Agency (NTA) for students wanting to pursue undergraduate degrees from top universities. Students can go for one exam or all the exams as well. The best score will consider for the admission of the students. The test score will apply to all the colleges in India.
Most importantly, students can enter IITs, CFTIs, NITs, and other Government-sponsored technology centers based on marks obtained from JEE Main. Also, 2,50,000 senior students from JEE Main will be eligible to excel at JEE Advanced. The entrance test begins in April and continues until May 2022.
|Exam Particulars||Exam Details|
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination (Main) or JEE Main|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Level||Undergraduate Exam at the National level|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year (June and July)|
|Mode of Exam||Computed Based Test (CBT) for BE/ BTech/ BArch/ B.Planning
Pen and paper-based test (PBT) for Drawing section in BArch
|Total Registrations||10.4 lakh (in 2021)|
|Courses offered through Entrance Exam||BE/BTech, BArch, B Planning|
|Exam Fees||INR 650 (male unreserved/OBC/EWS category)
INR 325 (female unreserved/OBC/EWS category)
INR 325 (SC/ST/PwD/Transgender category)
|Exam Duration||3 hours for BTech/ BArch/ B Plan
3.5 hours for BArch and B. Planning both
4 hours for PwD candidates
|No. of Papers and Total Marks||Paper-1: BE/BTech (300 marks)
Paper-2A: BArch (400 marks)
Paper-2B: BPlan (400 marks)
|Total Questions||BE/BTech: 90
|Marking Scheme||4 for each correct response
-1 for each incorrect response
No marks for unattempted questions
|Language/Medium of Exam||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu|
|Colleges Accepting Exam Score||All NIT, IIIT, CFTIs;
JEE Main is the qualifying exam for JEE Advanced for IIT admission
|No. of Test Cities||501 in India
13 outside India
|JEE Main official Website||jeemain.nta.nic.in|
|Contact Details||NTA Telephone Number: 0120-6895200
NTA Email ID:jeemai[email protected] and write at JEE (Main) Query Redressal System (QRS)
- Those who cleared their Class XII exams, any equivalent exam by 2020 or 2021, OR those who come out of their Class XII exams, and any similar eligibility tests in 2022, are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2022.
- Candidates may appear at JEE Advanced for two consecutive years.
- Those with a Diploma can now apply for JEE, but only for IIT admission. These candidates also need to appear in JEE Advanced.
Significant Changes for 2022 Examination
- The number of sessions has been reduced from four to two in 2022.
- There will be negative markings for Category A (MCQs) and Category B (numerical questions).
- Candidates must download and install the SANDES app on their smartphones. This will be the second channel to receive notifications from the NTA.
- The application process has been modified so that candidates can complete the form efficiently and in small sections. During the examination registration process, only Session 1 will appear initially, and candidates can choose only that. Registration for Session 2 will open later.
- Mandatory field on the JEE Main 2022 application form to be completed by the family’s annual income, including all of the father’s or guardian’s annual income, total annual mother’s income, and yearly parents’ income, if available.
- The selection of test cities will be based on permanent and current addresses completed at registration.
- During the registration process, candidates will need to enter the OTPs obtained from their registered mobile number or email address before applying.
JEE Mains with Physics Wallah
Physics Wallah prepares students for India’s challenging competitive exams and provides the best results with their hard work and skills in understanding the student’s needs, wants, and strengths. Last year, when a pandemic hit our country, Physics Wallah launched an app: ‘Physics Wallah,’ for everyone so that no other significant was left behind in their studies. From the beginning, PWs content has been one of the most popular weapons in student testing. They develop students’ skills and help them achieve their goals.
JEE Mains syllabus contains all NCERT Solutions prepared by Physics experts wallah. JEE Main Syllabus Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech) covers topics from 3 different subjects – physics, chemistry, and mathematics. A few topics under the JEE Principle syllabus are also included in NCERT Solutions for classes 11 and 12. Therefore, a solid understanding of the concepts found in the NCERT textbooks for grades 11 and 12 is essential for students who hope to click by subject.
JEE Main is designed for people who wish to receive B.Tech courses offered by NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs. It is also a test of student eligibility for JEE Advanced, leading to admission to IIT. Students may appear in JEE Main three times in a row; however, JEE Advanced can only be taken for two consecutive years. The Primary JEE syllabus is delayed according to the topics found in the NCERT textbooks. Every year about 35% to 40% of the questions in JEE Main are taken directly from the ideas covered in the NCERT publications. I hope this piece of information will be helpful for you to understand the test.
Aadi Narayan is the author of this article. To know more about Physics Wallah please visit our Website@ pw.live