Reconciliation of accounts plays a vital role as it ensures that the end balance of the previous month should match the starting balance of the current account. It also helps in finding the discrepancies between the total balance of the accounts. In the same way, QB users are advised to reconcile their QB accounts with their bank statements to ensure that the figures entered are correct. In situations when the users find any discrepancies, users are required to undo bank reconciliation in QuickBooks. Therefore, continue reading this post to learn about the process to undo in QuickBooks in detail.
Are you finding the process to undo bank reconciliation in QuickBooks a bit complicated as you are a newbie to QB? Well, then you don’t have to worry. We have enclosed stepwise instructions for the same in this blog. However, if you get stumbled upon any of these steps or are unable to proceed ahead, connect with our experts. You can connect with our experts by placing a call at our helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.
What are the reasons to undo bank reconciliation in QuickBooks?
There could be several reasons to undo reconciliation in QuickBooks Desktop, including errors made while entering bank transactions or performing the reconciliation steps. These are the steps you must take:
- It could be possible that you have made some mistakes while performing reconciliation in QuickBooks.
- Sometimes, you might need to undo bank reconciliation when there are some ambiguous transactions in your QuickBooks.
- Bank statements contained incorrect dates.
- Payment information was recorded incorrectly.
You May Related Blog: QuickBooks Error 1603
Here’s how to undo bank reconciliation in QuickBooks
The procedure to undo bank reconciliation is distinct for the QuickBooks Desktop and Online versions. Therefore, to know more about both these methods, let’s look at the steps listed below.
Steps to Undo Bank Reconciliation in QB Desktop
- To initiate the process, ensure that you have logged into Windows with admin rights and open QuickBooks Desktop.
- After this, open your company file and navigate to the QuickBooks banking menu.
- Opt for the Reconcile Now option from the Banking Windows and move ahead.
- In the end, choose the Undo Last Reconciliation.
Also Read Blog: QuickBooks Error 6069
Steps to Undo Bank Reconciliation in QB Online
- Initially, go to the Banking menu in QuickBooks Online and then choose the Registers option.
- You are required to pick the concerned account with the concerned transaction from the Registre Name drop-down menu list.
- Now, opt for the transaction you need to undo reconciliation.
- After this, remove the letter R, and your transaction will no longer be reconciled.
Through this post, we hope you have a clear idea of how to Undo Bank Reconciliation in QuickBooks. However, if you stumble upon any of these steps, then feel free to contact our experts by dialing our helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error Ps038