Every year numerous mass communication students go to Australia for completing their education. This is because Australian universities provide top-notch mass communication training to students. Moreover, there is no scarcity of jobs for journalism students in the nation. In short, it’s worth it to pursue a mass communication course in the nation. keeping this, in mind, today we are going to share with you all the things you must know about Studying Journalism in Australia.
Why Study Journalism at an Australian University?
Following are the reasons why you must pursue a media/mass communication program in the nation:
- The county houses the best universities/colleges when it comes to studying mass communication.
- Students who complete their media learning program from the nation are highly employable
- The learning programs of the nation help students develop skills that employers across the globe search for in their employees.
- The media industry of the country is growing at a rapid pace. To learn about the media industry of the nation in more detail feel free to contact our Australia study visa consultants in Delhi.
- The learning institution of the nation provides quality mass communication training to students.
Following are some of the best institutes that you can join to pursue a mass communication course in the nation:
- Bond University
- University of Newcastle
- University of Melbourne
- Curtin University of Technology
- Central Queensland University
- Deakin University
- Griffith University
- Journalism Education & Training
- Monash University
- Charles Sturt University
The duration of journalism programs in Australia is three to four years. During the training, you will acquire skills essential for success in the broadcast and journalism industry. Besides this, you will learn to report online, on-air, across different platforms, etc. Additionally, you will learn about sports reporting, financial/business reporting, etc. Furthermore, you will learn about creative storytelling, complex data analysis, etc.
To pursue a mass communication program in Australia you must have an exemplary academic record. Besides this, you will need to submit numerous documents to pursue a journalism learning program in the nation. Following are the different documents that you must submit to pursue a mass communication program in the nation:
- Academic transcripts
- A UG degree
- Reference letters
- Work experience certificate
- A personal statement
- Proof of funds
- IELTS scorecard
- TOEFL scorecard, etc.
Following are the steps that you can follow to enroll yourself in a media communication learning program in the nation:
- Select an academic institution
- Check whether you meet the minimum eligibility criteria to do a mass communication course in the learning intuition or not.
- Fill out your form
- Submit your supporting documents
- Pay admission fee
- Apply for visa
- Look for accommodation in the nation
- Fly to Australia to study journalism
Cost of Education
The cost of doing a mass communication program in the country can vary between institutes. But on average you will need around AUD 35,840 to pursue a bachelor’s mass communication program in the nation. However, if you seek to do a master’s in mass communication then you will need around AUD 50,000 to AUD 70,000. Furthermore, you will need around AUD 4000 per month to cover your monthly living expenses in the nation.
Studying mass communication in Australia can be very expensive. However, there are numerous scholarships available in the study destination that can help you solve this problem. Thus, if you don’t have adequate resources to cover your journalism program’s fee then you can apply for these scholarships. Following are the different scholarships for which you can apply if you want to study mass communication in the nation:
- RMIT Lonsdale Scholarship
- Education Future International Scholarship
- The Bill Walsh Scholarship. To learn about the Bill Walsh Scholarship in more detail feel free to contact our study abroad consultants in Chandigarh for Australia.
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS) Scholarship programs
- UTS Undergraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- IWMF Howard G. Buffett Fund
The media industry in Australia is growing at a rapid pace. Thus, pursuing mass communication in the nation can be quite beneficial for you. Moreover, once you complete your journalism program you will easily get a job in the nation with a good salary package. In short, pursuing your mass communication course in Australia can be very advantageous for your career. Following are the different jobs you can take up in the nation after completing your journalism learning program:
- News Anchor
- Film Director
- Sound Engineer
Australia is perfect for you if you seek to Studying Journalism in Australia. It houses some of the best colleges when it comes to studying mass communication. Furthermore, the media industry of the nation is growing at a rapid pace. Thus, there is no shortage of jobs for mass communication students in the nation. So, if you are thinking of studying journalism overseas then you must go to Australia for it.