Canon Printer Error Code 6800 Solution, which prohibits users from printing or using the printer, has lately been reported by several customers. As a consequence, we’ve compiled this detailed guide to assist you in implementing the necessary solutions to handle this issue effectively.
Canon Printer Error Code 6800 Solution, which prohibits users from printing or otherwise utilizing the printer, has lately been reported by several customers. As a consequence, we’ve put up this detailed guide to help you implement the necessary solutions to fully solve this issue.
Canon Printer Error 6800: Where Does It Come From?
It was determined that the following are some of the most common causes of this mistake.
- Error 6800, which prevents the printer from correctly loading its configurations, might be caused by a generic issue. The following solutions show how to restart your computer to see if that helps.
- A buildup of junk within the printer may be the cause of this error, which prevents the printer’s mechanical parts from moving correctly. As a consequence, the solution provided in the following section can assist you in resolving this issue.
Error 6800 on Canon printers may be fixed now that you know the majority of the causes.
How to Fix Canon Printer Error 6800
In the first place, restart your printer.
- To begin, turn the printer “OFF” by pressing and holding the power button for 3-4 seconds.
- then wait three to four minutes before unplugging the printer’s power source
- Once the timer has expired, reconnect the printer’s power supply and turn it “ON.”
- Check to see if your printer is functioning correctly.
Reinstalling Your Printer is the second option.
- To get things going, follow “Solution 1” and restart your printer.
- Then select “General Tools Software” from the drop-down option.
- Select “Set Destination 1” from the USB port to finish the Resetting operation.
- Make sure that the Canon Printer Error Code 6800 Solution is no longer present before moving on to the next step.
Install Your Printer All Over Again (Alternate Method)
- Plugging in the printer’s power source is the only way to turn it on.
- Hold down the “Reset/Stop” button for seven to nine seconds
- At this point, you must simultaneously hold down Reset while hitting Copy for 5-6 seconds.
- Once you’ve released the copy and reset/stop buttons, you’re done.
- Now that you’ve reset the printer, it’s back to normal.
Using the Repairing Tool is the fourth solution.
- Unless you have already downloaded a repair tool, you must do so before you may use it.
- Copy and paste this URL into your browser to get the program.
- Installing the software is as simple as running the downloaded file and following the installation instructions that appear on the screen.
- Select “Scan” now that the software has been launched. For a scan to complete, you must hold down the button for a short period.
- As soon as the scan is finished and the faults have been presented, select “Fix Errors.”
- Check to see whether the Canon 6800 printer problem has been resolved by restarting both your computer and your printer.
Unplug the printer and thoroughly clean it.
- Inspect the printer’s lid to see if there are any foreign items, such as a line paper pin or dust.
- When removing the cartridge, remove anything superfluous or strange.
- Wet a cotton swab and remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
- Ink cartridges and print heads should be cleaned one at a time, then put away to dry.
- Close the lid after drying all of the parts and putting them back where they belong.
- To test if the error: 6800 has been fixed, switch on the printer.
Replacement of the Logic Board is Option Number Six.
In most cases, a problem with the logic board is to blame. This may be remedied by purchasing a new logic board to replace the old damaged one. Sending the printer in for repairs is the best alternative because this sort of repair is typically hard to conduct at home.
Please contact the Canon Service Center for more assistance.
Internal damage to the printer or software corruption is both likely outcome of a failed print job. You may get your printer repaired at a “Canon Service Center” near you.
File a Warranty Claim Form
Canon Printer Error Code 6800 Solution typically comes with a one-year guarantee period. To get a warranty, the printer must not have been opened or damaged in any other way. Proof of purchase is required to file a warranty claim and be eligible for servicing or replacement. It doesn’t matter if you’ve had your warranty expired; you may still apply for the “Canon Upgrade Program,” which allows you to replace an old or broken printer with one from Canon.