QuickBooks have a massive user base and to keep them up with the excellence that it has to offer, it never fails to bring in constant updates & primary fixes via the updates. Despite the expanding features that it has to procure, it still goes under certain technological setbacks occasionally. One of the most common faults can be the QuickBooks Error 12157. This is an error that is associated with the internet connectivity. Without proper termination of the error, you couldn’t resume using QuickBooks again. Therefore, the QuickBooks authorities have curated a troubleshooting guide, which we have simplified and elaborated in the successive blog.
Such complex errors can be fatal if incorrect troubleshooting methods are applied or a faulty resolution has been executed. To avoid any more technical setbacks, contact the QuickBooks authorities at ‘1-855-856-0042’ and get all your errors settled straight from the experts.
Causes for the QuickBooks Error 12157
Diagnosing the factors accountable for the error can give you a comprehensible gist of how the termination of the error would be. That is why we have mentioned some potent causes in the points below:
- A technical glitch within the company file or any other file associated with the QB can be a significant cause.
- Incorrect file names assigned to these files or incorrect extensions may also provoke such errors.
- Admission of viruses or malware or any other harmful component can also trigger the error.
- Misconfiguration of the system is done in a way that does not allow the network access to the QB.
- Security applications or software in the system are imposing excess restrictions due to which QuickBooks might not receive adequate permissions to access the network.
Apart from these reasons, another prominent reason can be that too many applications may be running in the background consuming larger bandwidth of data. It’s suggested for you close all those applications.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Resolutions for the QuickBooks Error 12157
The confirmation of the error code can be gained through the error notification that you received. Further, it’s recommended for you to check for a stable internet connection, an updated version of the QB & Windows, Set internet explorer as a default browser, reset settings to the default ones, close all the running operations, reboot the system and then begin with the troubleshooting mentioned.
Solution: Modify the configuration of the Firewall
- As mentioned earlier, the significant cause of the error can be the configuration of the security applications. In the subsequent steps, we’ll fix the configuration and will allow the permissions for the essential files.
- Firstly, ensure that Port 80 & Port 443 are enabled.
- Firewall ports must be set on fire based on the QuickBooks version that is being employed.
Once this is configured needs d to allocate permissions to the following files: QBW32.exe
Finish the QuickBooks Error 12157 troubleshooting by rebooting the workstation. If the error persists, instantly dial ‘1-855-856-0042’ and get in touch with the leading QuickBooks termination team and receive the best troubleshooting services.
Read more: QuickBooks error 6123