What Is Cataract Surgery?
Cataract surgery is a treatment done by the doctor to correct vision loss because of cataract-related issues. The best eye doctor would remove the clouded lens from your eye and replace it with a clear artificial one in this surgery. The whole process would take around 15 minutes at approx, and you would not experience any kind of discomfort during the entire procedure. Apart from that, you would also not require to stay in the hospital post-surgery and would instead be discharged immediately.
You might be wary of the whole process, but cataract surgery is one of the safest and most effective procedures in vision correction surgeries.
What Happens During Cataract Surgery?
At the time of the Cataract surgery in punjab, the doctor removed the cloudy lens from the eyes and replaced it with an artificial lens. The device used for the surgery is called an intraocular lens, also known as IOL.
With the help of IOL, the doctor restores the clear vision that you have had before your cataract condition. Before the doctor proceeds with the whole process, there are certain precautions that need to be followed to ensure that you have had a pain-free and relaxed surgery. In the worst-case scenario, the patient might feel a slight sensation of pressure, but the treatment of surgery is not a painful one.
Modern cataract surgery would have the following steps:
- Along the side of the cornea, the doctor would make a small incision.
- With the help of a laser or high-frequency ultrasound, the doctor would cautiously break the cloudy lens into tiny components.
- With the assistance of suction, the doctor then proceeds to remove the cloudy lens fragments from the eyes carefully.
- After making sure that all the cloudy lens components are removed, the doctor would place the IOL in the iris (the coloured part of the eye)and the pupil in the exact location where the natural lens was settled.
- You would not need any stitches after the surgery to heal the incision. Instead, it would be done naturally.
- During the early stage of recovery, the doctor would place a protective shield over the eyes.
If you want to undergo cataract surgery for both eyes, we highly recommend you wait around one to three weeks between each surgery. This is done to make sure you give enough time for the previous surgical eyes to heal properly.
What To Avoid After Cataract Surgery?
There are specific points you would have to follow after your cataract surgery. For speedy recovery, you would have to avoid the given below list for at least the first week.
- Do not involve in doing any strenuous activity.
- Do not lift over 25 pounds for better recovery.
- Do not do any kind of activity that would put stress on your eyes, including exercising and bending.
- To avoid getting an infection, try to stay away from exposing your eye to the water. You would have to keep your eyes closed while taking a bath.
- Do not do any activity that would expose your eye to dust or other infection-causing containment.
Where Should You Get Your Cataract Surgery?
If you want to treat your cataract condition, kindly visit Mitra Eye Hospital.