Snapchat is now more of a camera lens app than a messaging app since most of us use it mainly for its funny new filters and lenses. The Snapchat lenses option, for the uninitiated, can transform your face or the world around you using special effects. The latest Snapchat lens that’s grabbing everyone’s attention is the new butterfly lens. If you had seen anyone trying this filter and have thought about how to try the butterfly lens on Snapchat, then, I have mentioned five different ways with which you can get the Snapchat butterfly to fly around your snaps. So what’s the wait, let’s fly to it!
What is the butterflies lens?
The butterfly lens is another Snapchat lens where the filter works once it detects a face. In this, you can see lots of butterflies flying around your face. Since the filter is now trending, there are many butterfly filters available in the app. But among these, it is the Paper Butterfly lens by a username jp pirie, which led to the start of all this fuzz. The filter is free to use, just like other filters available on Snapchat.
How to unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat
Get a Snapchat Lens Link
To get the butterfly lens via this method, you will need a friend on Snapchat who has a butterfly lens saved in their profile. Follow the steps shown below to unlock the Snapchat butterfly lens.
- Launch the Snapchat app on a mobile phone.
- Open the inbox of the friend who has already used the butterfly lens.
- Ask your friend to go to the butterfly lens and select the ‘Share’ option.
- The link will be copied to the clipboard, and ask them to send it to you again.
- Once received, just click on the link and the lens will automatically open in your Snapchat app.
How to use the butterflies lens
Snapchat is all about lenses and their streak. As per Snapchat, there are nearly 2.5 million lenses created for the app by over 250k creators. That’s a lot of numbers and there are chances that you might not have seen even 1% of lenses inside the app. There are some of the best lenses and then some which you won’t like. One of the popular filters is the Butterfly lens. As goes with the name, it uses butterflies to give an enhanced effect to the pictures. With time, there have been many butterflies lens on Snapchat that has few tweaks. But to try it, you will have to unlock it first. Let’s see the ways how to unlock and use butterfly lenses on Snapchat.
Once you’ve got the “butterflies lens” feature unlocked, the next step is to find a code that allows you to use it in real life. Here are a few tips on how to do that: Don’t share your code publicly—only send it to selected contacts. Doing so can cause some issues with your fellow Snapchatters. Don’t share your code with strangers—anyone who sees your code could use it without your knowledge or permission. When you’re ready to share a code, don’t just send it to yourself—share it to a friend too! That friend could use it without knowing it.
Also Read: unlock the butterflies lens on snapchat
Unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat from your camera roll
This method is almost the same as scanning a Snapcode mentioned above. But instead of scanning, you can download the Snapcode and then load it into the Snapchat camera to get the butterfly filter. Here are the steps for that:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap the Memories icon on the left of the camera shutter button.
- Select Camera Roll
- Next, select the butterflies Snapcode.
Snapchat will automatically detect the code and will load the butterflies filter.
Unlock butterflies filter from other’s Snap
Other than the previously mentioned steps, if you happen to come across a snap using the butterfly lens, you can get it from there too. Here’s how:
- Tap the Try new button below the snap that’s using the filter.
(You can also swipe up and select the lens)
- Now you can capture pictures with the butterfly lens.
Using Snapchat Lens studio
Snapchat Lens Studio is another way to unlock Snapchat butterflies mood lens. Here’s how it works:
- Fire up the Snapchat app and go to the Snapchat lens studio section
- You can see various lenses created by Snapchat users
- A carousel comprising all the lenses will show up
- Scroll all the way to the bottom to find the trending butterflies lens
- Choose the Snapcode to save them for later use.
Scan a Snapcode image
A Snap code is a QR code that varies lens by lens. To unlock the butterfly lens by scanning the Snap code, follow the steps shown below.
- Open the Snapchat mobile app.
- Open the app’s camera and scan the image uploaded above. The above image is a QR code, also known as Snap code.
- Just place it in the camera frame and click a picture. Snapchat will automatically scan the image and open the link.
Looks for Lenses on Snapchat Filter
Last, if both the above methods didn’t work for you, then you can simply do a search and find the butterflies lens on Snapchat.
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Open the app’s camera and on the top left, click on the Search icon.
- Now, type “Butterfly lens” in the search bar, and you’ll get loads of butterfly lens filters as results.
- Click on Explore lenses and use the butterfly lens which you like.
The “butterflies lens” is a fun feature that can be useful for a variety of situations. You can use it to show support for your favorite artist, to show off your creative snaps, or to document your travels. You can also use it for sexting or for taking pictures of your friends. The “butterflies lens” is not just a Snapchat feature—it’s also a great way to show off to the world what you have access to: Your phone!
To unlock a lens link, just tap on it and a prompt will be shown to you with an option to unlock it for a specific time period. Click on Unlock and you will be able to use that lens.
How many Butterflies Lenses are there on Snapchat?
There are currently unknown but many butterfly lenses on Snapchat as the photo-sharing app allows users to create their own filters. Due to this, many users have created several butterfly lenses.
Yes, you can share the butterfly lens by simply copying the link of the lens and sending it to your friends via chat box. For more details, you can follow the steps shown in Method number 1.
Also Read: How To Remove Payment Method On Cash App
How do I remove the butterfly filter on Snapchat?
To remove the butterfly filter on Snapchat, open the butterfly lens on Snapchat and tap on the ‘i’ button on the top left of the screen. A pop-up will appear with various menus. Just tap on the Remove lens option, then on remove and the lens will be removed from your app.