Test plan tools help you capture test requirements, design test cases, test execution reports, resource management,e.t.c.Software quality oversight can cause a company high monetary loss, reputation loss, or expose its litigation risk. A good test plan tool is the key to avoiding bugs and defects getting into production.
Following is a list of top test plan tools with their popular features. The list contains both open source and commercial tools.
TestForma is a quick and accurate functional testing tool. Function testing is essential because without it you will not be able to confirm and prove that your application system works as you expected.
- Copy-paste test group and tests.
- Execute tests offline without the internet.
- Define the alias field to create reusable test plan templates.
Tusker is a powerful yet aesthetically pleasing and intuitive cloud best test management tool. With its unbeatable pricing, a generous free plan and a 30-day free trial should be on top of your evaluation list.
- Easily organize test cases into projects, suites, and sections.
- Attach rich metadata to the test case with a custom field.
- Create flexible test runs- from selecting specific test cases to matching their different criteria.
- Ensure fair distribution of testing workload right from your dashboard.
- Protect against accidents in your recycle bin; see who charges with your adult trail.
It supports documentation requirements, providing mapping of requirements to test cases ability to create log defects within the platform and integrate it into a defect management system and finally providing better visibility and control of all these interactions via beautiful reports.
- A vast array of third-party integrations with common error trackers, automation tools, and robust API for the rest.
- Fully customizable or flexible for the ever-changing needs of the QA team.
- Reuse tests and correlate results across all the different releases and products.
- With anti-bug duplicates, permutations step parameters and calls never do the same thing twice.
- Quick skilled and methodological support.
Zephyr Enter enterprise is more than a test management solution, we are a test management partner ready to help you achieve all of your testing activities from a single tool. From creating test cases and plans to define user requirements and generating reports, Zephyr Enterprise arms with the insights, Flexibility, and visibility necessary to deliver software faster.
- Premium Enterprise support.
- Bi-directional Jira integration.
- Enterprise-grade test planning and auditing.
- End-to-end traceability.
- Legacy ALM migration path and transition plan.
Testpad is a test tool that helps you to find the bug that matter. Less timing messing around with spreadsheet or old test case management more time actually testing.
- Simple and enough use by one- no training needed.
- Guest testers – bring in extra help you need; Clients, managers, and marketing.
- Report that makes it obvious: what was tested, how much to go,” are we ready to release?
- Natural test plan based on hierarchical checklists.
TestRail provides comprehensive test case management to help you organize testing efforts and get real-time insights into testing activity. Powerful reports and metrics enable the QA team to increase productivity and deliver fast feedback.
- Easily track the status of individual tests.
- Measure the progress with an informative dashboard and activity reports.
- Compare results across multiple test runs, configurations and milestones.
- Track their workload to adjust assignments.