Introduction About JEE Mains
The JEE Main is an examination for admission to undergraduate engineering courses in India. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination Board (IIT-JEE). The exam is taken by students after they complete their 10+2 schooling.
In order to qualify for the JEE Advanced examination a student needs to be within to 20 percentile of their category of the qualifying exam (JEE Mains). JEE Advanced is the exam used for admission to the IITs, JEE Mains is used for admission into NITs, CFTIs and other reputed engineering colleges in the country
Important Dates & Updates for JEE Mains 2022
- Phase 1 of JEE Mains will be conducted between June 20th & 29th 2022
- Phase 2 of JEE Mains will be conducted between July 21st & 30th 2022
- The admit card for JEE Mains will be released in June 2022
- Candidates can appear for both phases (the best percentile out of the two will be considered)
- NTA has increased the number of centres for the JEE Mains exam (~500 cities and 25 abroad)
- Minimum eligibility criteria of 75% in class 12th has been removed by the NTA
- The exam duration will be 3 hours (for BE / BTech) & 3.5 Hours (for BArch / B.Planning)
- Candidates can expect 75-80 questions in the exam (split evenly across all sections)
- The exam will be conducted in 13 languages
How To Prepare for JEE Mains
The difficulty level of JEE Mains is not a constant. It varies from year to year. The exam is getting tougher with each passing year. The difficulty level of JEE Main exam for 2018 was the toughest among all the years.
The key to clearing the JEE Mains is preparation – both physical and mental. The following are some of the tips that can help you crack JEE Mains:
- Make a schedule and stick to it.
- Set realistic goals and milestones.
- Prioritize your study hours based on your strengths and weaknesses
- Take regular breaks and maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Find a study partner who can help you with your weaknesses or who has similar interests as
Do I Need to Join Coaching To Prepare For JEE Mains?
The coaching is not a necessary requirement for the preparation of JEE Main. Some students may find it helpful to join coaching classes if they are weak in any particular area, but it is not compulsory. Coaching classes provide an informal environment to learn and practice. It helps in understanding the concepts and get a feel of what will be expected in the exam. It also helps in building confidence and preparing for the examination.
Coaching is a structured program that is used to improve exam performance for students. It is a form of feedback and guidance which aims at improving the performance by creating a plan for improvement. Coaching has been proven to be helpful in many aspects of life, such as exam preparation. Coaching can help you with time management skills, test-taking skills, and understanding the material better.
How Can I Improve My JEE Mains Rank Using Mock Tests?
Mock tests are a form of practice test. They are designed to simulate the conditions and difficulty of an actual test while providing feedback on how well a student is performing. One major benefit of mock tests is that they can help students identify their weaknesses and strengths before the big exam. This means that they can take steps to improve their performance. Mock tests also provide students with an opportunity to get used to the testing environment and become more comfortable with it so that when they do take their real test, it will feel less stressful for them. The following are some of the best platforms to give mock tests for JEE mains
Reward based mock tests are a type of test that is designed to motivate learners to study more. The idea behind reward based mock tests is that if learners are rewarded with points or badges when they complete a test, they will want to take more tests and learn more. Platforms such as Edulete provide rewards to students for their performance in mock tests. Gamification of education helps increase repeat usage and can drive learning outcomes
How To Get a Rank Within Top 1000 In JEE Mains?
The number of seats in JEE Mains has increased by more than 50% this year. It is not only the number of seats that has increased, but also the difficulty of the paper. To get a rank among top 1000, you need to make sure you follow these tips and hacks.
1) Make sure you have done your best in previous years’ papers to understand the pattern and type of questions asked.
2) Make sure you are prepared for all topics – physics, chemistry, maths,
3) Practice at least 3-4 hours a day on weekdays and 6-8 hours on weekends.
4) Take mock tests from previous years’ papers to see how well you are doing at that point in time.
5) Maintain a steady routine and be consistent in your preparation journey